More entries than ever …more guests than ever …the G19 Awards proved to be yet another landmark year in the event’s 16-year history, when the best of the best stepped forward to be applauded at the London Hilton on Park Lane on Friday (Nov 29).
There was extra cause to celebrate for Epwin Window Systems, whose new Stellar aluminium system won both the coveted New Product of the Year trophy as well as Promotional Campaign of the Year, and CMS Window Systems which came away with Sustainability Initiative of the Year and saw its Contracts Manager John Deacon crowned Unsung Hero for 2019.
“The number of entries was 80% higher than last year and the attendance at the event was the biggest yet, with well over 600,” said organiser Tony Higgin.
“But the real jewel of the event was the standard of entries, which the judges agreed was an ample match for the volume, among not only the winners but all of the finalists as well. They’ve really set a standard for everyone to try to match next year.”
Other winners were:
- Commercial Project: Pilkington UK for the Slimming World HQ
- Component Supplier: Deceuninck
- Customer Care Initiative: Ultraframe
- Fabricator: Sternfenster Window Systems
- Glass Company: Crystal Units
- Installer: Nolan uPVC
- Trade Counter: Glassolutions Aberdeen
- Training and Development Initiative: Fenestrology
- The Fensa Installation of the Year, also presented at the event, went to The Sash Window Expert Ltd.
- and the winners’ video is due to be posted shortly on http://www.g-awards.com/